6-8 December, Dublin, Ireland
Call for Papers
The ICAT-EGVE 2023 conference will be held between December 6th and December 8th at Trinity College Dublin, Dublin, Ireland. The ICAT-EGVE is the merger of the 33rd International Conference on Artificial Reality and Telexistence (ICAT 2023) and the 28th Eurographics Symposium on Virtual Environments (EGVE 2023). Together, these are two of the oldest international conferences in the world on Artificial Reality and Virtual Environments.
We invite the submission of Papers, Posters and Demonstrations describing novel research ideas, work in progress, recently completed work, preliminary results, or unusual systems and applications. ICAT-EGVE 2023 seeks inspiring submissions describing research, applications or systems in all areas of Virtual Reality, Augmented Reality, Mixed Reality, Telexistence, and 3D User Interfaces, e.g., the following non-exhaustive list of more specific areas:
- 3D interaction for VR/AR/MR
- VR/AR/MR systems and toolkits
- User studies and evaluation for VR/AR/MR
- Telexistence, Telepresence and Teleimmersion
- Haptics, audio, and other non-visual modalities
- Serious games and edutainment using VR/AR/MR
- Presence, cognition, and embodiment in VR/AR/MR
- Novel devices (both input and output) for VR/AR/MR, and haptics
- Multi-user and distributed VR/AR/MR, Tele-immersion and Telepresence
- Immersive projection technologies and other advanced display technologies
Submissions in other related areas are welcome too.
Submission Guidelines: Papers
The conference invites full and short paper submissions:
- Full papers must not exceed eight (8) pages in length (excluding references).
- Short papers must not exceed four (4) pages in length (excluding references).
- Both full and short papers must be in English and should be formatted using the
- Eurographics format. A sample LaTeX document for ICAT-EGVE 2023 can be found here: https://srmv2.eg.org/COMFy/Conference/ICAT-EGVE_2023/Instruction
- ICAT-EGVE uses a double-blind review process. Therefore, submissions should not contain information (including citations and optional videos) that unnecessarily identifies the authors or their institutions or places of work. All papers must be submitted electronically as PDF. Authors are encouraged to submit videos to aid the program committee in the review of their submissions.
- The conference uses the EG submission tool. All submissions should be made through the online submission system:
Note: On SRM, for your full paper submission, please select "-" as the category. If you have any questions regarding how to modify your submission, please see the following help link:
- Submissions should be original, unpublished work, and should not be in submission to other venues concurrently. Any dual submission will be rejected outright without review.
Review and Publication
- All accepted Papers/Posters/Demos will be published in the Eurographics Digital Library and presented interactively at the conference.
- Papers/Posters/Demos will be selected by the responsible chairs for the video/in-person presentations at the conference. Upon acceptance, the camera-ready version of the submission will be included in the electronic proceedings, provided that potential comments from the reviewers are appropriately addressed.
- Jean-Marie Normand (Ecole Centrale de Nantes, France)
- Maki Sugimoto (Keio University, Japan)
- Veronica Sundstedt (Blekinge Institute of Technology, Sweden)
Important Dates (All times: AoE)
- Paper Submission Deadline: August 18, 2023 (tentative*)
- Paper Submission Notification: October 21, 2023*
- Poster / Demo Submission Deadline: TBC
- Poster / Demo Submission Notification TBC
- Camera Ready Deadline TBC
- Conference December 6-8, 2023
* Note that dates may be amended to avoid clashing with related conferences.