Call for Posters & Demos
We invite the submission of Posters and Demonstrations describing novel research ideas, work in progress, recently completed work, preliminary results, or unusual systems and applications. ICAT-EGVE 2023 seeks inspiring submissions describing research, applications or systems in all areas of Virtual Reality, Augmented Reality, Mixed Reality, Telexistence, and 3D User Interfaces, e.g., the following non-exhaustive list of more specific areas:
- 3D interaction for VR/AR/MR
- VR/AR/MR systems and toolkits
- User studies and evaluation for VR/AR/MR
- Telexistence, Telepresence and Teleimmersion
- Haptics, audio, and other non-visual modalities
- Serious games and edutainment using VR/AR/MR
- Presence, cognition, and embodiment in VR/AR/MR
- Novel devices (both input and output) for VR/AR/MR, and haptics
- Multi-user and distributed VR/AR/MR, Tele-immersion and Telepresence
- Immersive projection technologies and other advanced display technologies
Submissions in other related areas are welcome too.
Submission Guidelines: Posters and Demos
- Submissions should be made through the EG online submission system: https://srmv2.eg.org/COMFy/Conference/ICAT-EGVE_2023P
- Please check the following link before contacting us for questions regarding how to modify your submission: https://wiki.eg.org/SRMv2Wiki/index.php/Modify_your_submission
- Posters / Demos abstract must not exceed two (2) pages in length (including references).
- Posters / Demos abstract must be in English and should be formatted using the Eurographics format. A sample LaTeX document for ICAT-EGVE 2023 can be found here: https://srmv2.eg.org/COMFy/Conference/ICAT-EGVE_2023P/
- The conference venue will provide demo space, a power outlet and wireless connections for each demo. Exhibitors must bring all necessary equipment and material themselves.
- Demo submissions should include a 1-page (max) description of a floor plan: a PDF file to provide a description of your demonstration setup. We highly recommend including information that you think is important for ensuring your demo runs smoothly. Some aspects to consider may include space, size, electrical, networking, lighting and sound requirements (text and/or visual description). We also advise that the document specify (if any) specific concerns for logistics, such as the time required to set up if it is significantly longer, and the number of people required to set up / present the demonstration.
- Each accepted poster/demo must be accompanied by at least one full conference registration, and at least one of the authors of each accepted poster/demo is required to present their work at the scheduled session in person.
- ICAT-EGVE uses a double-blind review process. Therefore, submissions should not contain identifiable information (including citations and optional videos) of the authors or their institutions or places of work. All Posters / Demos abstracts must be submitted electronically as PDF. Authors are encouraged to submit a supplementary video of up to 3 minutes (optional) to aid the program committee in the review of their submissions.
- Submissions should be original, unpublished work, and should not be in a submission state at other venues. Concurrent submissions will be desk rejected.
Submission of Full Papers
Please note there is a separate submisison portal for Full and Short Papers programme, for which we accepting submissions until September 15th, 2023. For details, please see the Call for Papers.
Review and Publication
- All accepted Posters/Demos will be published in the Eurographics Digital Library and presented interactively at the conference.
- Posters/Demos will be selected by the responsible chairs for the video/in-person presentations at the conference. Upon acceptance, the camera-ready version of the submission will be included in the electronic proceedings, provided that potential comments from the reviewers are appropriately addressed.
Posters and Demos Chairs
- Abraham Campbell (University College Dublin)
- Claudia Krogmeier (INRIA)
- Gareth W. Young (Trinity College Dublin)